I have been struck with a lack of wanting to pretty much do anything. It’s an unshakable ennui regarding virtually everything. It’s infested pretty much everything, from work to other projects that I know I want to do or activities I enjoy. I started replaying Thief: Deadly Shadows after finishing the first two, and found that I really couldn’t get into it. It crashes whenever I try to move into one of the areas I need to get into…and I have zero interest in trying to fix it. I have a Tribe 8 game that I’m trying to prepare for, and which I want to start regardless, but I can’t bring myself to finish the prep work. There’s a ton of personal matters I need to attend to, but I’m just not getting around to them. I already know some of those things are contributing to my listlessness. I’m kind of slouching toward a time in the near future that a lot of things hanging over my head will be resolved, and hopefully that will help me break out of this.
- Fate Core (but possibly FAE) Thief-inspired fantasy world. Seeing a lot of similarities between what I was planning in Will Hindmarch’s excellent looking Project: Dark doesn’t help motivate me, even though I know that it’s not going to kill my project.
- The science-fiction setting I pitched for ADX.
- A Silhouette-like retroclone system, possibly for a re-imagining of a Solar System-based setting with mecha.
- A Fate Core adaptation of The Laundry.
- Coming up with something for Onyx Path’s writer’s submissions.